Welcome to the Super Metroid and A Link to the Past crossover item randomizer.
This randomizer mixes Super Metroid and A Link to the Past together into one experience and will randomize both games items to any location in either game creating a new kind of multi-game challenge. The goal is to kill both Ganon and Mother Brain and then finish either game.
Travel between the two game can be done by using certain doors and entrances in either game, a list of those can be found in the document linked below.
For some more information and resources about this randomizer, check out this document. There's also a discord server for this project at https://discord.gg/PMKcDPQ
2019-02-17 - Version 10.2
- This version fixes an issue with item placement where progression items ended up being significantly more likely to show up in ALTTP dungeons than would be expected.
- The Super Metroid map should now correctly mark visited areas as visited.
- The Super Metroid map has some graphical changes that indicates portals to A Link to the Past
- The item graphics for ALTTP items in Super Metroid has been overhauled to correct palette errors, add SM-like flashing and also includes color-blind friendly versions of otherwise similar items.
- Max ammo indicators have been added to Super Metroid.
- The music is now properly started when entering Maridia through the portal.
- The Special Beam Attacks are now properly tracked in the credits.
- Power Bombs and Bombs used are now properly tracked in the credits.
- The following changes has been done to SM Normal logic:
- Jumping over the moat before Wrecked Ship with Spring Ball is no longer in logic.
- Using Gravity Suit and either IBJ or Hi-Jump to get past the moat before Wrecked Ship is now in logic.
Huge thanks to all contributors to Version 10.2
- Lenophis - New map grahics and porting Personitis max ammo display patch
- qwertymodo - Fixing map corruption when teleporting between games
- Natalie - New ALTTP item graphics in SM
- NDIAZ - Fixing maridia portal music issue
2018-11-25 - Version 10.1
- Checkerboard cave now correctly has a requirement for gloves when accessed through the Lower Norfair to Misery Mire portal.
- Suitless mama turtle now always requires high-jump. (Hard mode)
- Right side upper norfair hellruns is now in logic with only speedbooster. (Hard mode)
- Golden Torizo has its logic fixed to require charge beam or super missiles to fight him.
- The logic no longer requires a short charge to escape Golden Torizo. (Normal mode)
- Ice beam is now an additional requirement to access suitless springball. (Hard mode)
- Some additional fixes has been done to the item pool allocations that could cause some item placements not to be possible.
- A seed identifier has been added to the file select screen before starting a new game.
- The bomb blocks in the "climb room" during the escape will now automatically be cleared preventing a potential softlock.
Huge thanks to all contributors for helping out with fixes and patches for V10.1
2018-07-27 - Version 10
- Dynamic text is now added back in, which means that checking pedestal and tables will now give a hint to what items is at those locations.
- Progressive items in the same room in SM now works properly, although the second item will show incorrect graphics.
- A bunch of general logic bugfixes that should fix a few weird possible edge cases.
- Super Metroid logic has been renamed and is now "Normal" and "Hard", where "Normal" is the old "Casual" and "Hard" is the old "Tournament"
- Normal logic has been reworked and should now be a bit more consistent in terms of required techniques.
- Hard logic has had a major rework and now includes a few new required tricks, details below:
- The cross-game portal in maridia is now better implemented in logic, so there's now a chance for suitless maridia through the portal using only Morph and Hi-Jump or Spring Ball.
- This also means that access to Wrecked Ship without Power Bombs is possible through the maridia portal and the "Forgotten Highway".
- The green brinstar missiles furthest in behind the Reserve tank is now in logic with only Morph and Screw Attack.
- Spring ball jumps have been added into logic in many new places, for example Red Tower, X-Ray room and more.
- Hi-Jump missile back is now in logic with only Morph (Make sure to not enter the Hi-Jump room in this case or you will softlock)
- Getting to the green door leading to Norfair reserve now assumes only the damage boost on a waver to get to it.
- Lower Norfair item restrictions are now slightly reduced due to better use of the cross-game portal.
- Snail clipping to the Missile and Super packs in Aqueduct is now in logic.
- Spring Ball is now in logic suitless, assuming Hi-Jump, Space Jump, Spring Ball and Grapple.
- All sand pit items are now in logic suitless with Hi-Jump, with the left sandpit items also requiring Space Jump or Spring Ball and the right sandpit PB's requiring Spring Ball.
- Back of desert in ALTTP can now be in logic without gloves using the Lower Norfair cross-game portal and Mirror.
- Checkerboard cave now correctly checks for access through the cross-game portal as well.
- A recommended guide to the new V10 logic has been created by WildAnaconda69 and can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/286489494.
Huge thanks to all contributors for helping out with fixes and patches for V10.
This project is based on V29 of the ALttP Randomizer and the Tournament SM Randomizer, so being familiar with both of those will be helpful to be able to complete this.
Huge credits to the ALttP Randomizer team for much of the tools used for the randomization and for the ALttP randomization patches and logic.